In a battle of two conference rivals, the North Carolina Tar Heels (3-3, 2-3 ACC) will play the Miami Hurricanes (2-3, 0-1 ACC). The Tar Heels are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -7.5). The total for this one is set at 63.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 16, 2021
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Stadium: Kenan Memorial Stadium
Hurricanes Player Insights
- D’Eriq King has 766 passing yards (255.3 ypg) to lead Miami, completing 65.9% of his passes and collecting three touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 84 rushing yards (28 ypg) on 41 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Cam’Ron Davis, has carried the ball 65 times for 384 yards (76.8 per game), with five touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 11 passes for 119 yards (23.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Thaddius Franklin Jr. has piled up 88 yards (88 per game) on seven attempts with one touchdown.
- Charleston Rambo’s team-leading 386 receiving yards (77.2 yards per game) have come on 31 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Xavier Restrepo has caught 10 passes for 200 yards (40 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Mike Harley’s 22 grabs this season have resulted in 193 yards (38.6 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Hurricanes Team Stats
- The Hurricanes have averaged 3.7 more points scored this season (30.4) than the Tar Heels have allowed (26.7).
- When it goes over what North Carolina gives up this season (26.7 points per game), Miami is 1-1.
- This year, the Tar Heels average 8.5 more points per game (35.5) than the Hurricanes surrender (27).
- When Miami gives up less than 35.5 points, it has a 2-1 record.
- The Hurricanes offense holds a 67.1-yard advantage in yards gained per game versus yards allowed by the Tar Heels defense this season (438.6 to 371.5).
- The Hurricanes have the 38th-ranked offense in the FBS in yards per game (438.6). They will be facing a Tar Heels defense ranked 69th, giving up 371.5 yards per game.
Hurricanes Betting Insights
- Miami has covered the spread one time this year (1-4-0).
- The Hurricanes are winless against the spread when they are 7.5-point underdogs or more (0-1).
- Miami’s games have gone over the total once this year.
- The Hurricanes came up short in their last outing by a final score of 30-28 against the Virginia Cavaliers, failing to cover the spread as 3.5-point favorites.
- The teams faced a point total of 63.5 and fell short.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from