Barstool Sportsbook Florida
Disclaimer: Barstool Sportsbook is not yet live in Florida. This review is of expected bonuses and promotions and will be updated once Barstool launches in FL.
Barstool sportsbook is a newcomer in the nationwide legal sports betting industry. Still, given the brand’s strong pedigree, it’s no wonder that it’s already making a splash in the upcoming Florida market.
The sportsbook is backed by Penn National Gaming, a gambling conglomerate that owns a 36% stake in Barstool Sports.
By jumping on the Stoolies bandwagon, betting aficionados from Florida will have access to many wagering options, sharp odds, and top-tier iOS and Android mobile apps.
Another thing Barstool has going for it is its bonus first bet welcome bonus of up to $1,000. What’s more, you’ll also get $10 on the house to explore the site’s offerings for free.
Our review below will show you how Barstool sportsbook goes about its business. We’ll run you through the site’s features and ultimately give our take on where the sportsbook stands in the sports betting hierarchy in Florida.
- New bettors receive a bonus bet up to $1,000.
- Fantastic collection of prop bets
- Stat feed gives all kinds of data that could help you bet more effectively
Barstool Sportsbook Florida promo code 2023
Once you sign up with Barstool FL, you’re in line to claim a $1,000 bonus first bet welcome bonus. Additionally, you’ll get a $10 no deposit bonus as soon as you register. To get hold of these perks, make sure to follow our links below.
|Florida Sportsbook||Barstool Sportsbook|
|Barstool Florida Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Risk Free Bet||Up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||April 2023|
Barstool Florida welcome bonus — fine print
Barstool offers a double welcome bonus — a $10 bonus bet just for creating an account and up to a $1,000 bonus first bet.
As far as the no deposit part of the sign-up package, it comes with a one-time playthrough. Put differently — you need to wager $10 to convert bonus bets into cash you can withdraw.
The second part is much more appealing. If your first bet comes up short, you’ll get a refund in site credits equal to the amount staked, with the maximum rebate being capped at $1,000.
In case the bet settles as a win, you get paid as you normally would. If not, you get a second tryout, but with few odds and market restrictions attached. Namely, the refunded site credits are restricted to odds of -200 or longer and can’t be used on round robin bets. Also, the bonus cash comes with a 1x wagering requirement.
Is This the Best Welcome Bonus in Florida?
This welcome bonus is neck and neck with the most generous sportsbook welcome offers you’ll come across, that’s for sure. The size itself is impressive, but so is the no deposit part of it — it’s a small cool gift you won’t get in many other places.
Can I Trust Barstool Sportsbook?
Both Barstool Sports and Penn National Gaming are trusted brands. Penn National owns more than 40 gambling properties across the US and Canada, making it one of the largest gambling operators worldwide.
What’s more, the sportsbook will have to pass all kinds of regulatory checks before getting approved by Florida’s licensing committee.
The Sunshine State’s gambling framework is still a work in progress. In all likelihood, only individuals of legal age and located within Florida lines will be allowed to sign up at Barstool and other sportsbooks in the state.
Getting started at Barstool Florida sportsbook
If you decide to give Barstool a try in Florida, signing up will be a cakewalk. Once you open the homepage, find the Log In button to kick-start the registration process. You’ll be asked to provide the following details:
- Full name
- Login credentials
- Cell number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Once you register, you’ll be able to make deposits hassle-free. The sportsbook may require you to go through verification checks upon withdrawals and provide further proof of your identity and whereabouts.
How do I download the Barstool Florida app?
The mobile section is not exactly in plain sight, so you might want to use our links to get there faster. Once you load the mobile page via your browser, just select the download link to get to your respective device’s app. Before the download process starts, make sure to check the compatibility requirements.
Where do I find Barstool promotions?
You can access the promotions lobby via the left-side menu; it’s located in between the casino and Quick Pick 6 icons. Before picking the promo, make sure to closely read the attached terms and conditions to avoid any unpleasantries.
What kind of promos are on tap for existing customers?
That depends on when you log in. If it’s in the offseason of major sports, there will be fewer promotions on the menu. If not, you’ll find:
- Insurance deals: You’ll get a portion of your stake back if your bet loses in a specific way. For instance, you can get 25% of your money back (to a certain limit) if your NHL team loses in overtime.
- Customization bonus: Barstool grants $5 of site credits for those that add a few favorite markets in the account section.
Why should I choose the Barstool sportsbook app?
The Barstool sportsbook is one of the strongest contenders in the Florida sports betting scene, and here’s why we’re holding it in such high esteem:
- Fantastic collection of prop bets: Let’s make no mistakes — Barstool’s collection of props is second-to-none, especially when it comes to the NBA. On top of the customary points/assists/rebounds, you’ll find a ton of other choices.
- Handy stats feed: Once you open a game from one of the four major professional leagues, a cool stats sheet will appear on the top of the page that showcases betting trends and stats about the contest. From top to bottom, you’ll find “Implied win probability,” recent matches, head to head, and all kinds of data that could help you bet more effectively.
- Awesome welcome bonus: Not many sportsbooks give away free cash with no strings attached, in addition to a $1,000 bonus first bet. The $10 boost won’t blow you off your feet, but it can help you get the feel of the site’s offerings.
What won’t I like about the Barstool sportsbook app?
On the whole, Barstool is a well-versed betting platform. Still, the sportsbook has a few areas where it can improve. Those are:
- Average desktop UX: When you select a market on the desktop version, the slip pops out and covers the entire right side of the interface. Sure, you can minimize it manually, but it would be more convenient if it remained hidden by default. Also, certain segments of the site take too long to load sometimes. We’re not saying the platform is non-responsive; it’s just slower than most sportsbooks.
- Poor betting menu: Apart from the usual selection of moneylines, spreads, totals and props, the betting program feels vacant. The sportsbook lacks a few niche wagers like quarters and halves bets for NBA and NFL games.
What kind of bets can I make at Barstool sportsbook?
Barstool’s market selection runs the gamut, from moneylines to totals, spreads and props. What’s more, you can also go big with futures or make multi-bets — teasers and parlays. You can also place live bets and put a few bucks down on an ongoing contest.
Let’s provide more context and break down each type individually. We’ll use an odds sheet from a hypothetical NFL matchup to help you learn the ropes.
|Miami Dolphins||-4.5 (-108)||-220||Over 51.5 (-103)|
|Chicago Bears||+4.5 (-113)||+175||Under 51.5 (-120)|
Interpreting the odds chart
Looking at the odds chart, two things stand out. First, the Bears are the home team — Barstool always puts the visiting side on top.
Secondly, the Dolphins are the favorites in this standoff. We know this because they have a minus sign at the beginning of the moneyline odds. Favorites always carry a minus sign in front of their odds and this is universal across all sportsbooks in Florida.
How to calculate payout from a moneyline bet?
The premise of a moneyline bet is to predict the winning side correctly, and it’s usually a two-way market. By extension, this means that if the game results in a tie, winning the bet is still possible if your chosen team wins in overtime.
The plus and minus symbols on the moneyline signify how much you’ll win by betting on each side. The Bears are the underdogs at +175 moneyline odds and will deliver a $175 payout profit for a $100 stake if they win.
The negative number indicates how much you need to stake to win $100. Consequently, this means that you’ll need to place a $220 bet on the Dolphins to net $100 in profit.
Spread betting 101
The spread’s main function is to level out a lopsided game. This is done by adding or subtracting scoring units from the two team’s respective totals. The underdog gets a head start — a few points added to its score, whereas the favorite is “handicapped” and will have several points subtracted from its total.
In our example, the Bears are at +4.5 on the spread. They have to lose by less than five points for a bet on them to pay out. Needless to say, if they win the game outright, you’ll also win.
Since the Dolphins are listed at -4.5, they have to win by at least 0.5 points more than this margin to cover the spread; a 5+ point victory differential does the trick.
It’s worth mentioning that you can’t “hit the spread” at Barstool because the lines always end in 0.5 — the bet can’t result in a push.
How to win a totals bet?
Totals are interchangeably used with over/under and focus on the final score of an event. Simply put, the book sets a certain total line for the game, and you have to predict whether that line is too high or low.
If you place an under bet for the matchup mentioned above, you’re predicting that the total number of points scored in the game will be 51 or less.
As you can see from the odds board, the lines for over and under bets are often asymmetrical. The fact that they’re differently priced means that the payouts for both sides are not the same.
Props and futures
If you’re looking for outside-the-box betting options, you should consider props. These wagers pertain to player and team benchmarks within an individual event. In an MLB game, you can place a props bet on which team will score first or a team to reach two runs first.
Within the Futures tab of a given sport, you’ll find season-long props like:
- Which team will win the Super Bowl
- Player to win the MVP title in the NBA
- American CY award winner in the MLB
- Divisional and conference winners in major sports
Futures bets are just like they sound — wagers made on something that will happen in the foreseeable future.
Live bets and parlays
In-play or live betting lets you place wagers on the action while it’s in full swing. The standard package of moneylines, totals and spreads are included in the live betting portfolio, although the betting odds for these markets will shift, so you have to jump on the lines quickly once the opportunity presents itself.
Parlays are combo bets that link together multiple wagers in exchange for a bigger payoff. The more selections (legs) you insert into your parlay, the greater the potential profit.
Can I bet on the Heat at Barstool sports betting?
Yes, the sportsbook has in-depth coverage of all NBA games and also releases odds for other pro teams in Florida. If you want to back the Miami Heat or bet on the Orlando Magic, for that matter, you’ll find all the markets that we discussed earlier. That said, Barstool’s NBA betting program also includes a few unique options that aren’t available with other sports, as follows:
- Player and team props: Barstool provides an astonishing lineup of prop bets for every Heat and NBA showdown. You’ll find props that deal with the three biggest categories — namely points, rebounds, and assists. You can also bet on the three-point field goals made by a certain player from the Heat roster, among other options.
- Total points odd/even: With Barstool, you can bet on the total score in an NBA game to be odd or even. The presumed probability for both outcomes is the same as the chances of head and tail to come out in a coin flip and stand at 50%. As a result, the sportsbook provides the same odds and payout for both sides.
- Double chance: This wager gives bettors a chance to back two of the three possible outcomes in a given NBA game. Think of it as a less risky moneyline variant with slightly reduced odds.
- Alternative spreads: For every Heat game, bettors will have access to alternative spreads, which can go in both directions. You can adjust the spread by 10+/- points. The bigger the deviation from the original spread, the larger the variance in money odds.
How do I get money to (and from) the Barstool sportsbook quickly?
You can get funds on and off your Barstool account via several banking methods. The fastest way is through the affiliated retail shop in Florida, but that option is still not available.
As for the online banking methods, here’s the overview:
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Barstool Sportsbook Play+||$10||Instant|
|ACH||$10||Up to 48 Hours|
|Wire Transfer||$10||Up to 30 Minutes|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|PayPal||$10||2-3 Business Days|
|Online Banking||$10||3-5 Business Days|
|ACH||$10||2-3 Business Days|
|Barstool Sportsbook Play+||$10||Within 48 Hours|
|Check in the Mail||$10||Within 7 Days|
How do I get help at Barstool sportsbook?
The most efficient way of solving inquiries is through the live chat service, which provides round-the-clock assistance. The staff working there is super friendly and will help you out even if you’re not a registered member. The live chat response time is superb, and the same holds true for the email contact channel.
How do I exclude myself from Barstool?
You should only go to such extremes if things go completely out of hand. The sportsbook provides several tools that can help you manage your gaming activity and spending habits, including:
- Deposit limit
- Reality check
- Total wager limit
- Withdrawal control
- Playing time limit
- Maximum single wager limit
- Playing time limit
Also, there are all sorts of tips for staying in control in the Responsible Gambling section, including a direct phone line to institutions that deal with problem gambling.
Can I bet with Barstool sportsbook in person?
Not at the moment, but you’ll likely be able to soon, given that Penn National Gaming owns a land-based property in Florida — Sanford Orlando Kennel Club. We’ll let you know as we come by any additional information.
How does barstool compare to other Florida sportsbooks?
Barstool sportsbook is a force to be reckoned with and a fantastic option for Florida bettors. The promotional program is top-of-the-line, and so is the betting diversity for the most part. It comes up short in a few areas, but these are minor nuisances that most betting buffs won’t even notice.