MaximBet Sportsbook Florida Welcome Bonus & Review
Disclaimer: MaximBet Sportsbook is not yet online in Florida. This review is speculative based on the sportsbook in other states and will be updated if MaximBet launches in FL.
MaximBet, a rebranded version of SportsBetting.com, could be an interesting option for Florida bettors should it launch in the state. Although the sportsbook will look to its brand recognition to lure players in, it also has a welcome bonus, a variety of other promotions and a range of betting options to keep them coming back.
So, is MaximBet a great fit for Sunshine State bettors, and how does it match up against the competition? We’ll give it a full rundown here.
MaximBet Sportsbook Florida promo code 2023
The MaximBet welcome bonus will match your first deposit with free bets at a rate of 100% up to $150.
|Online Sportsbook||MaximBet Sportsbook Florida|
|MaximBet Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Welcome Bonus||100% Match up to $150|
|Last Updated||October 2023|
MaximBet Sportsbook welcome bonus — the fine print
MaximBet’s sign-up deal is fairly straightforward. You create an account, make the qualifying deposit and the sportsbook will double it with free bets matching the deposit amount. If you’re unfamiliar with how matching bonuses work, here is what you need to do:
- Sign up for an account at MaximBet.
- Go to the cashier to make a deposit.
- For each dollar you deposit, MaximBet will match it in free bets, up to $150.
The bonus also has a few conditions to be aware of:
- You need to deposit a minimum of $10.
- To clear the bonus money, you need to meet a 1x playthrough requirement.
- Once you receive the free bets, you need to complete the playthrough requirement in the next seven days. Otherwise, they’ll expire.
- You can’t wager the free bets on both sides of the line on an individual game; for instance, betting on both the over and under.
- The bonus doesn’t have any restrictions on odds or bets.
How Does MaximBet’s welcome bonus stack up?
MaximBet’s welcome bonus is not the worst option available, but it is subpar compared to what some other books are offering new customers. It’s strongest point is that you’ll be able to cash in on it relatively easily, with having to bet the bonus cash just one time — any winnings from that point on will be yours to keep and/or cash out.
Can I trust MaximBet?
Yes, MaximBet is a trustworthy sportsbook.
- It is backed by the Carousel Group, an established online gambling company. Carousel’s flagship product, SportsBetting.com (predecessor of MaximBet), is licensed and live in Colorado with plans to roll out in Iowa, New Jersey and Indiana.
- MaximBet is a joint venture between the Carousel Group and men’s magazine and media company Maxim.
- The sportsbook would not have been able to launch in the state if it didn’t meet the Florida Gaming Control Commission’s regulatory standards.
Bettors will also have to meet some ground rules. For one, you have to be 21 or older to sign up with MaximBet in Florida and place bets. Apart from the legal gambling age, you also need to be within state lines to place bets.
Getting started at MaximBet Sportsbook in Florida
Signing up with MaximBet is not an arduous task. Upon arrival at the sportsbook website, find the “join now” option and fill out the registration form, which requires the following details:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (last four digits)
- Phone number
In case MaximBet can’t confirm the details you provided during registration, you’ll need to provide copies of documents such as the following to verify your ID and address:
- Driver’s license
- ID card
- Utility bill
- Tax bill
- Copy of bank statement
How do I download the MaximBet Florida app?
MaximBet’s app is available for both iOS and Android devices. To download it, head to the download page on the sportsbook website and follow the prompts from there. For the Android app, you may need to allow downloads from unknown sources.
Where do I find MaximBet promotions?
You’ll find the promotions page beside the top menu, adjacent to the live chat banner. Open it, and you’ll find yourself in a lobby with a variety of ongoing deals. Here’s a sampling of the types of sportsbook bonus offers you can use as an existing customer:
- Reload bonuses: On top of matching your initial deposit, MaximBet will boost your second, third and fourth deposits, albeit at a lower percentage rate. This can add up to hundreds of dollars in bonus funds, depending on how much you want to deposit.
- Insurance promos: Every once in a while, MaximBet offers insurance on specific bets and provides a full refund on instances when your bet nearly wins. For instance, if your MLB moneyline pick losses, the sportsbook may provide a cash bonus for every home run your team hits.
- Parlay boost: Hitting a parlay often leads to large payouts, and with this promotion, those wins can get even bigger. You’ll find a few conditions you’ll need to meet, so be sure to read the fine print closely.
Why should I choose the MaximBet Sportsbook app?
MaximBet may be a relatively new sportsbook, but it has plenty of qualities that would make it a solid option for Florida bettors:
- Navigation is easy: MaximBet uses proprietary software, which is user-friendly and visually appealing. The app and website are stable, and we didn’t experience any crashes or freezes during our 10-hour testing. The live betting menu sometimes takes a while to fire up, but this is nothing unusual. Overall, the buttons are responsive and navigating through the site is seamless.
- Excellent range of sports: The site has a variety of betting options. The major sports have the spotlight, but you can also find secondary and niche sports. Within each sport, you’ll find a variety of wagers, most of which are well-priced.
- Attentive customer support: The sportsbook boasts efficient and friendly customer support. At any given moment, you can count on getting a swift resolution to any issues you may run into via multiple contact channels, including 24/7 live chat.
What won’t I like about the MaximBet Sportsbook app?
By and large, MaximBet’s offerings match up pretty well with other sportsbooks in Florida. It does better in some areas than others, though the downsides aren’t deal-breakers:
- Few banking options: MaximBet comes up short on the banking front. The lackluster selection includes only two payment methods, Skrill and Mazooma. The sportsbook will probably add more options over time, hopefully sooner rather than later.
- Smaller welcome bonus: For quite a while, the sportsbook had one of the best welcome bonuses in the business. Now? It’s among the weakest. The associated terms and conditions are great and bettor-friendly, but we’d prefer seeing it bulk up a bit.
What kind of bets can I make at MaximBet Sportsbook?
Moneylines, spreads, over/under, props, futures, etc. The sportsbook has a full suite of betting options that include the main wagers in addition to a few exotic bets that can add an extra dimension to your experience. The selection goes deep in the multi-bet department, too. Finally, you can put some money down on the action as it plays out via live bets. Here’s an example of what a listing of the main bets looks like, followed by an explanation of your betting options:
|Miami Heat||+6.5 (-110)||+190||Over 207.5 (-107)|
|Los Angeles Lakers||-6.5 (-110)||-238||Under 207.5 (-117)|
How to bet the moneyline at MaximBet
Moneyline bets are also known as straight or outright wagers, which makes sense since they refer to betting on the winning side. The odds will shift based on each side’s perceived strength. The favorite will have a negative odds number, and that value indicates the amount you would need to wager to win $100. Underdogs, meanwhile, generally will have positive odds.
In our example, the Lakers are significant favorites, and you’d have to bet $238 on them for a chance at $100 in profit. On the other hand, a winning wager of $100 on the underdog Heat would deliver a profit of $190.
For betting on the point spread, the sportsbook posts a spread, which is like an estimated margin of victory, and you have to predict how your team will do after factoring in the spread. To “beat the spread,” the favored Lakers have to win by seven or more points. The Heat, meanwhile, must win by any score or lose by six or fewer points.
How to bet on totals
Totals are wagers on the total combined score of the game. For instance, MaximBet has set a 207.5 line for the NBA game above. If you bet on “over,” the cumulative score needs to exceed that number. If it’s 206, then under bets win. MaximBet’s over/under pricing is quite volatile. For certain contests, you may find that the odds are skewed toward one side, for instance, +100 on over and -125 on under.
Props or proposition bets are wagers that you place on specific occurrences within a game, such as the statistical accomplishments of a particular team or player. Here are some examples:
- Number of passing yards by a quarterback in an NFL
- The first team to score in an MLB
- Total player points, assists or rebounds in the NBA.
How to bet on futures
With futures bets, you need to take your crystal ball out because these are wagers on season-long outcomes. You can, for instance, bet on the eventual winner of the World Series, bet on the Stanley Cup champion or the Super Bowl winner. You can also bet on how well a single team will do in its conference or division. Or you can bet on individual player accomplishments like rebounds/assists/points leaders for the upcoming season.
Parlays and round robins
Parlays consist of multiple picks, all unified as a single wager. The payout for a parlay increases with the number of selections (legs) that you add to the slip. The downside is that your risk increases, as well. Any wrong pick, and you win nothing.
Round robins comprise multiple parlays at once and have anywhere from three to 10 teams mixed in. They provide an additional level of insurance because you can still win some money even if you don’t get all of your picks correct.
Live betting at MaximBet
Hitting the live button will take you to a lobby, where you can place bets on sports and contests happening at that particular moment. These wagers play out in real time and are subject to frequent line movements. If something significant occurs in the game (like a team’s star player getting injured), the sportsbook will recalibrate the sports odds and lines to reflect this. Accordingly, you’ll need to act quickly before the lines change.
Can I bet on the Miami Marlins at MaximBet Sportsbook?
Indeed you can. With MaximBet, local sports fans from Florida can bet on their favorite teams, be it betting on the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Miami Marlins, the Miami Heat or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The sportsbook also accepts bets on college basketball and football and Major League Soccer, which may interest Inter Miami CF followers.
In addition to the wagers above, you may find a few additional baseball-specific bets when it comes to wagering on the Marlins:
- Winning margin: This is similar to the run line bet with one distinct difference — you have to predict the exact number of runs a specific team will win a game by. For instance, you can take the Marlins to beat their opponents by two runs at +800 odds.
- Total runs odd/even: Betting on whether the combined total number of runs in a game will be an odd or even number. It’s a two-way bet with similar odds on both sides.
- X team runs over/under: Instead of picking both teams’ combined total, you can take just one side and try to predict whether they’ll score more runs than MaximBet’s estimate. For example, if you pick the Marlins to score over 5.5 runs, they wouldn’t necessarily have to win the game, just score six or more runs.
- Correct score: With this bet, you need to predict the exact final score of an MLB game. You’ll have several options, all of which will come at high odds (+3000 or longer). But if your pick doesn’t match up exactly with the final score, you lose.
How do I get money on (and off) MaximBet Sportsbook Quickly?
This is an area where we’d like to see MaximBet do better. As it stands, the sportsbook offers only two payment methods — Skrill and Mazooma, though the company has stated that it plans on adding more down the road. The minimum deposit is $10, and the processing time is one to five days, which is in line with the industry standard.
How do I get help at MaximBet Sportsbook?
You can trigger the live chat service via the 24/7 chat button at the top left corner. The sportsbook has agents on hand to provide solutions to whatever query you may have. You can also request a call back from one of MaximBet’s representatives if that’s how you want to handle your issue. Lastly, you can drop the support team a message, although this is probably the slowest way of resolving problems.
How do I exclude myself from MaximBet Sportsbook?
Via the Limits & Responsible Gambling link, you can get tips on making better decisions when you play and learn about the potential risks of gambling. Also, you can place a limit on the amount you can bet or deposit, or the amount of time you can spend on the site. If neither of these tools works, and you’re still betting over your budget, you can enroll in the self-exclusion program for a limited period or indefinitely.
Can I bet at MaximBet Sportsbook in person?
Not at the moment. But the sportsbook could end up setting up a betting facility in the Sunshine State at an existing casino.
How does MaximBet compare to other Florida sportsbooks?
On the whole, MaximBet is a fine betting and gambling establishment, and we’d put it a tier below the giants like DraftKings and FanDuel. The limited banking portfolio is not a severe misstep, but it’s definitely something the sportsbook could improve on. Also, the introductory offer is a step behind some other books.
The sportsbook makes up for these deficiencies, however, with stellar market coverage in both depth and width. The customer support is reliable, and the site has a strong UX design. Bottom line, MaximBet’s qualities cancel out its weaknesses, and the book will be a nice addition to the sports betting scene in Florida.