FanDuel Sportsbook Florida Preview
Disclaimer: FanDuel Sportsbook is not yet online in Florida as of February 24, 2024. This review is speculative based on FanDuel’s offerings in other states and will be updated when more is known about FanDuel’s Florida launch.
FanDuel Sportsbook will likely be one of the major players in the legal Florida online sports betting industry if non-Seminole entities are allowed to operate online sportsbooks in the Sunshine State.
The new gaming compact, which is currently undergoing plenty of legal scrutiny, only allowed the Seminole Tribe to accept online sports bets. However, FanDuel and another gaming giant DraftKings began funding efforts for a ballot initiative that would let voters choose if outside companies would be permitted to enter the prospective market.
The latest efforts to push through a ballot initiative failed and the 2024 election cycle would be the earliest the issue gets on the ballot. However, if the current gaming compact is deemed illegal, the state could craft a second one that would allow for non-Seminole companies to enter the market.
If the compact is altered, FanDuel would be one of the first companies to apply for a Florida sports betting license. When FanDuel Florida goes live, players will also be able to claim a great welcome offer from the operator. Currently, FanDuel offers new users a Get $150 welcome bonus.
FanDuel sportsbook promo code 2024
We can’t be entirely sure on FanDuel Florida’s welcome offer until the operator goes live in the state, but we can draw on its other promos across the US to get a good idea. You can claim Get $150 in bonus bets with the welcome bonus at FanDuel Sportsbook in February 2024.
|FanDuel Promo Code
|Make a small qualifying bet, Get $150
FanDuel welcome bonus- the fine print!
The FanDuel welcome offer is a great way to check out the Florida online sportsbook before risking a lot of your own cash. We’ve explained the full offer under the headings below.
Claiming FanDuel Florida’s bet & get welcome bonus
All Florida residents who are physically within state borders and aged 21 or over can claim FanDuel’s welcome offer with ease. Start by clicking on our FanDuel Sportsbook link to qualify for the promotion, then create an account.
Next, make a deposit and place a qualifying first bet. As soon as this bet settles, you’ll be credited with $150 in FanDuel bonus bets. These bets can be used however you want..
What happens if your wager loses
The same thing that happens if your qualifying wager wins — you get $150 in FanDuel Sportsbook bonus bets. That’s what makes this offer so great, you get the bonus whether your opening wager wins or loses.
Overall thoughts on FanDuel Sports welcome bonus
We think that FanDuel’s welcome offer is very good for new users. It’s great to only have to make a small wager and get a sizeable reward whether your opening bet wins or not. It’s a great way to try out the FanDuel Florida sports betting app.
Can I trust FanDuel Sportsbook?
Yes, you can trust FanDuel Sportsbook. The operator launched in the US in 2018 and has proven itself to be one of the best and safest online sportsbooks out there. It’s now live in New Jersey, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Colorado, and more — with the expectation to expand further.
The operator uses SSN verification when registering each account, and uses geolocation technology to check that all players are accessing the site from the correct state. FanDuel makes use of a site firewall, and all user payment details are protected using encryption technology. You can also find a thorough responsible gaming policy at this sportsbook.
Getting started at FanDuel sportsbook
It’s easy to sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook in Florida. Start by clicking onto our FanDuel Sportsbook link, which will confirm you’re eligible for the operator’s welcome offer and send you through to the registration page.
Next, click to sign up and enter the following information:
- Your full name
- Email contact address
- Username and password for your account
- Date of birth
- Final four numbers of your SSN
Read through the small print of the site, select your marketing preferences, and then click to join the online sportsbook. The operator will then take you through a two-step verification process as we mentioned earlier, checking your age and location.
Your FanDuel account will also be valid at the FanDuel DFS platform and on FanDuel Faceoff Florida. If FanDuel Casino should ever come to the Sunshine State, your FanDuel login credentials would extend there as well.
How do I download the FanDuel Sportsbook Florida app?
If you’re already signed up for an online sportsbook in Florida, you’ll know the importance of sports betting apps. FanDuel’s app is available across most devices and allows you to place bets, deposit and withdraw cash, and claim promotions at a moment’s notice. Here’s how to download the app onto your device to get started.
FanDuel Sportsbook android app
On your Android smartphone or tablet, load up this review and tap on our FanDuel Sportsbook link. You will then be redirected to the operator’s mobile site, where the welcome offer will be set up waiting for you.
Register for an account, then click on the Android app onscreen pop-up. If this doesn’t appear, scroll to the footer of the site to find the “Sportsbook Android” link and click on it. Follow the steps given by the operator to successfully download the app.
FanDuel Sportsbook iOS app
On your iPhone or iPad, load this review using your browser and click on our FanDuel link. Sign up for an account, then click on the iOS app prompt. If you can’t see this, scroll to the footer of the page where you will see a “Sportsbook iOS” link under the Apps header.
Follow the link to be redirected to the App Store, when you can download and install FanDuel onto your device with ease.
Where do I find FanDuel promotions?
All current FanDuel offers can be found by clicking on the “Promotions” tab in the site’s top navigation bar. The promotions page is also available on the FanDuel app. There’s always a great number of offers featured on the site, that are very easy to scroll through and browse.
What kind of promos does FanDuel offer?
FanDuel’s sportsbook promotions are pretty impressive. Look out for enhanced odds on the NBA, NFL, UFC and more, as well as regular promos like “$5 Dinger Tuesdays” where you can earn site credit for betting on MLB.
The operator is also known to offer parlay insurance to those who place a 5+ leg bet — a multi-sport variation is offered here.
If you’re known as a bit of a trendsetter among your mates, you might enjoy FanDuel’s Refer A Friend offer. When someone you know signs up for the sportsbook through you and makes their first wager, you’ll both receive $100 in site credit.
What type of bettor will like FanDuel’s promotions?
FanDuel is pretty heavy on the parlay promos, so if you like to place multi-leg bets then this could be a great sportsbook for you. Alongside single-sport parlay insurance, FanDuel also has a multi-sport offer that will allow you to wager on the NHL and other top leagues like the NFL and NBA, all under one roof.
FanDuel’s promotions stay pretty regular. For example, you’ll find the same “Dinger Tuesdays” offer appears every week. This is perfect for sports bettors who like to know exactly what they’re going to get from a sportsbook before creating an account.
Why should I choose FanDuel sports betting?
There’s plenty to like about FanDuel — we’ve listed some of the site’s best features below.
- Huge promotions page: FanDuel’s promotions are varied and the list of offers is extensive. Choose from enhanced odds on the biggest leagues, parlay insurance on your larger bets, and bonus credit on certain wagers. Just head over to the promotions page to view the full list on desktop or mobile.
- Great software: FanDuel’s system is provided by gaming giant IGT. This means the site is super easy to navigate, is fast, and can handle hundreds of betting lines at a time so you’re never left on the sidelines. The mobile app was created with convenience at the forefront — you can use its slick interface to deposit cash and place your bets within a matter of minutes.
- Fantastic betting options: You can place point spreads, totals, moneylines, futures, props, parlays and more at FanDuel Sportsbook across a variety of fantastic leagues, including the NHL, NBA, MLB, and NFL. We like that Live betting is very easy to access, and you’ll see promotions connected to your chosen sport at the top of the page.
What won’t I like about FanDuel Sportsbook?
There are only one or two things we’d like FanDuel to work on, and we’ve listed them below. After all, everyone has room for improvement.
- Withdrawal options: FanDuel has a large list of deposit options for its users, but there are significantly fewer withdrawal options. While you can fund your sportsbook account using online bank transfer, wire transfer, and credit/debit card, you won’t be given the option to cash out using these methods.
- No join-bonus: While we love FanDuel’s welcome offer, we would like to see a join bonus added into the mix as a small thank you for registering from the operator. Competitors like DraftKings offer a two-part welcome offer to users, and we wouldn’t want FanDuel to fall behind in the stakes because of this small detail.
What kind of bets can I make at FanDuel FL?
You can place all the usual sports bets at FanDuel, including spreads, totals, moneylines, and props. Betting is available pre-game and live, but you can also place futures should you wish to. Multi-event bets such as parlays and round robins are also available at FanDuel Sportsbook.
We’ve given an example of the betting layout of the site below, and a full explanation of how each bet type works.
|Over 51.5 (-115)
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers
|Under 51.5 (-105)
- Moneylines: Moneylines can give you quite a bit of information about the game you’re betting on.
First, they tell you which team is the favorite (listed in negative numbers) and which team is the underdog (listed in positive numbers). Second, the larger each number, the bigger the favorite. And third, the actual numbers tell you how much you’ll win if your bet is successful. To win a moneyline wager the team you bet on just needs to win.
As the favorite you would need to bet $390 on Tampa Bay just win $100 in return. As a moderate underdog you’d win $310 by simply betting $100 on Miami.
- Spreads: For spread betting the amount a team wins or loses by is what matters. In this Dolphins-Bucs game the line has been set at 8.5. Tampa Bay needs to win by more than that number because the Bucs are favored. The Dolphins need to lose by less than 8.5 or win the game in order to cover.
So, let’s say Tampa Bay wins 31-24, do they also cover the point spread? Nope, they only won by seven, so Miami ends up covering the spread.
- Totals: When you bet on totals you are wagering on the combined score of a game. What each team scores on their own does not matter, only what the two teams combine to score counts. You have two options for totals bets, over or under. We said let’s imagine the Bucs win 31-24, in that case the combined score is 55, so bets on the over are winners.
- Props: You’ll find all your prop betting options at FanDuel by clicking on individual games. From there you’ll see various categories, including: Player props, first half, second half, totals, scoring and bets for each quarter.
Props are just bets as to whether specific events will or will not take place during games. Betting on players to score a touchdown, teams to get shut out or games to go to overtime are prop betting examples.
- Futures: Then you’ve got futures bets which are wagers on long-term events. Betting on who will win the Super Bowl, win the AFC East or a bet on the Dolphins, Bucs, or Jags quarterback to be named league MVP are all examples of futures bets.
You can find the available futures markets at FanDuel by clicking on a league and then choosing from a variety of futures markets near the top of the screen.
- Multi-event betting: Multi-event betting allows you to join two bets or more together and receive increased odds while doing so. At FanDuel you can create parlays and round robins, which are fairly similar.
Parlays only require making at least two wagers. For each wager you add your odds will climb. The reason for this is simple: Get just one bet wrong and your whole parlay bet goes up in smoke. Parlays are popular because you can win a lot of money, but they also are notoriously challenging to get right.
Round robins on the other hand require making at least three picks. Your picks are grouped together so that one wrong bet does not destroy your whole bet. However, you still will win the most money possible if all your picks are right.
- Live betting: And lastly we have live betting, which is when you bet on games that already have started. With live betting the odds will be updated due to what is transpiring on the field.
For instance, if the Dolphins jump out to a 14-0 lead in this game, the odds might shift to the Bucs being underdogs. You believe Tampa Bay will come back to win so you wager on the Buccaneers at say +105 and end up cashing in when Brady leads the comeback.
Just make sure not to hesitate if you see a favorable bet because with in-play betting it can change in the blink of an eye.
Can I bet on Miami Heat at FanDuel Florida Sportsbook?
You definitely can bet on Miami Heat at FanDuel Sportsbook, and there’s plenty of betting options available to help you to do so.
First, select the NBA from the left-hand menu on the site. You can then view all upcoming games, or switch tabs to place futures. Here are a few fun basketball bets you might want to take a look at.
- Correct score: If you prefer to go big with super-specific bets, then you might enjoy betting on the correct score of NBA games. There are multiple outcomes to choose from, and the bet will likely keep you on your toes throughout the game.
- MVP 2021: Place a futures bet on the player to be named 2021 MVP. There’s a full range of player futures at FanDuel — you can also bet on the player to give the most assists over the series, or the player to have the most rebounds.
- Halftime lines: These are your lines for the second half of the action, only available in halftime. These lines only reflect points scored in the second half plus overtime, rather than the final score of the game.
- NBA champion: You may want to show your support for the Miami Heat by placing a bet on them to be champions of the NBA. You can do this in the weeks and months leading up to the season.
How do I get money on (and off!) FanDuel Sportsbook quickly?
Depositing and withdrawing cash at FanDuel Sportsbook is a pretty smooth and easy process. You can use any of the banking methods below.
|PayNearMe (available at Family Dollar, CVS, 7-Eleven)
|Online Bank Transfer
|3-5 Business Days
|3-5 Business Days
|Check in the Mail
|7-10 Business Days
In-person banking is not yet available at FanDuel Florida, but this could become an option soon. If it does, we’ll update you here.
How do I get help at FanDuel Sportsbook?
It’s easy to find help and support at FanDuel by clicking the “Support” button. This will open up the operator’s FAQ, which covers accounts, deposits, withdrawals, promotions, wagering, geolocation and responsible gaming in pretty good detail.
If you’re still a little stuck, click the blue “Chat” button in the bottom right of the screen to get in touch with an operator. You’ll need to speak with a chatbot first, but you can simply click the “Get in Touch” button afterward to be put through to a real person. At busy times, you may need to wait a few minutes here.
Alternatively, click the “Submit a Ticket” button at the bottom of the page to send the team an email. You will need to fill in a short form, and the team will get back to you relatively quickly.
How do I exclude myself from FanDuel Sportsbook?
You can self-exclude from FanDuel by clicking the Responsible Gaming logo at the top of the site. There, you’ll find information on taking a timeout and complete self-exclusion. Here’s the difference between the two.
- Timeout: Tell FanDuel you need time away, and specify the break you would like to take. The operator will then block you from logging in until that time has completed.
- Self-exclusion: Your account will remain closed for a minimum of 12 months, and cannot be reactivated under any circumstance during that period.
Can I bet with FanDuel Sportsbook in person?
If FanDuel does launch in Florida, the operator is likely to open a retail sportsbook to allow people to bet and deposit or withdraw in person. This isn’t available just yet, but keep an eye on this page for updates.
How does FanDuel compare to other Florida sportsbooks?
FanDuel Sports could be one of the best online sportsbooks in Florida. With a great welcome offer, range of betting markets, and fast banking options, there’s plenty to love. If you’re thinking about signing up for an online sportsbook in Florida, FanDuel is a safe and reliable choice to make.
FanDuel Sportsbook is not currently legal in Florida. However, in the states where FanDuel Sportsbook is up and running you can claim a Get $150 welcome bonus. See the FanDuel Florida welcome bonus section above for more details.
FanDuel Sportsbook isn’t open to those in Florida just yet, but it could be soon. The state is currently looking to legalize online sports betting — players will need to be physically within state lines and 21 or over to register and play.
All deposit methods at FanDuel are instant, meaning you can fund your account using PayPal, prepaid card, credit card, online banking, ACH e-check and more, and the cash will land in your account straight away. To withdrawal quickly, choose PayPal or prepaid card, the processing time for each of these methods is just 48 hours.
Yes, FanDuel is a longstanding operator that has created a very safe desktop sportsbook and mobile app. There are multiple responsible gaming features in place, banking details are secured using encryption technology, and a modern site firewall is used.
The minimum deposit at FanDuel is just $5. You can fund your account instantly using the range of payment methods listed above.